Sunday, March 7, 2010

Brothers



Eli was 16 months old when Odell was born, so it is always a question in our minds exactly how much he remembers and understands about his brother.  The following conversation occured this morning on the way to church.  The car was quiet as I think everyone was tired, and then...

Eli:  Whenever I go to church, I think about Odell.

Me:  Really?  Why do you think about Odell?

Eli:  Because he is my brother mom!!!

Me:  Of course he is!  So you just think about him, just sort of remembering who he is?

Eli:  At church we talk about God, and Odell is with God, so I think about Odell. 

Me:  Oh. 


Makes perfect sense right.  All the more confirming that Eli has an amazing awareness of who his brother was, and where he is today.  The words of a child.

2 comments:

Heather said...

precious. precious. precious.

and you know what? i had someone tell me once that when you are thinking of a deceased loved one - it's because they are looking down at YOU from heaven.

xo
HH

zmelissa said...

I love this post.