Thursday, July 31, 2008

Last Day of Summer

Today is officially my last day of summer! I have SO enjoyed this summer with my family, and am sad to see it go! Pre-planning starts tomorrow for new staff, so I have to go to work! Marshall doesn't have to start until next week, and Payton the week after that. And although I am amazed at how quickly the summer has gone, I am excited about working with first graders this year. It should be an interesting year.

Since today was my last day of summer we had to do something fun...right?
Brooke and Russ have a boat on Lake Lanier, so we spent the day on the lake tubing, swimming, and even picnicing on the beach. The weather was great! We had a blast.







Payton loved going tubing!





Elijah had so much fun he fell asleep while riding!






Payton and Brooke having fun on the tube!




Marshall and Elijah chillin on the boat!

2 comments:

The A Team said...

That looked like a ton of fun! Tubing is probably not a good idea for a pregnany woman, but I'm totally in next summer!! :-) See you guys tonight.

Stephanie said...

I didn't know that you were going to teach 1st grade. Good luck with that. I'm glad to see that you guys are getting out and having fun. I wish we could, but Mackenzie gets so scared on boats:)