Friday, July 4, 2008

Our Fourth of July


The morning started early today as we all got up early so that Marshall and I could run the Peachtree Road Race. We dropped the kids at moms house, and dad drove us and dropped us at the start line. Marshall ran by himself, and my friend Renee and I walked together. Marshall and I have both done the race before, but it was the first time for Renee. The Peachtree was a bit more challenging this year as they have moved the last part of the race course and it is now uphill. But we did it!







The afternoon included going to an 80th birthday party, spending time with family, squeezing in a short but crucial nap, and of course going to see fireworks that night with the kids and some friends. By the time the day was over, we were exhausted!


My great aunt Christine and aunt Diann were in town from Johnson City, TN this weekend, so we enjoyed spending time with them while they were here. We went to the Georgia Aquarium on Saturday with the whole family and then on to the Varsity for lunch. It was a long buisy weekend and the kids are TIRED.


Elijah with his frosted orange.



This is not a recent picture, it is from a few summers ago, but it shows you my two precious aunts that were here this weekend. They are such kind women. I love them.

No comments: