Thursday, July 16, 2009

Family Time

One of my favorite childhood memories is going to the zoo with my father on Sunday afternoons. I grew up going to a church downtown, and once or twice a month my father and I would spend the afternoon at the zoo after church.

Recently we took a family trip to Zoo Atlanta and had a really fun time! It was a cooler day, which is not only more pleasant for us but more of the animals were also out to visit. Even the kids got along most of the day! It was an enjoyable day all around.

First we went in to the new parakeet house. If was extremely neat as the kids got to feed the birds with seed on a stick. They loved it!









Several of the animals seemed to be enjoying their spectators, and they remained close to where the viewing places are. I was able to get some great pictures as we watched them.











Like I said, the kids actually were KIND to each other most of the time we were there! It was amazing.




And of course you can't forget the petting zoo. A favorite for everyone. The floppy eared goats were the best!






1 comment:

KELLI MC said...

we had a family membership last year and it was awesome. We went more in the fall and we saw more animals than in summer, It was really neat going at weird times of the year like at Thanksgiving and Christmas we also went new years too,