Sunday, July 26, 2009

The Farm

In June, Brooke came along (Russ was in Africa with the Marines doing some training) with our family of 4 to Knoxville, TN for a weekend trip up to visit our family friends the Watsons and Sharpes. There was a birthday party for Ashley's oldest daughter Raegan, and my parents came up just for the day on the day of the party. It was a sweet time of memories and fellowship with old friends. Marshall and I always say that we wish Ashley and Todd were our next door neighbors. In fact, we have often talked about moving to Knoxville to be closer to them, and because we love it up there. Since getting married, Ashley and Todd have always lived "on the farm" (some family land that Dick and Judy had always wanted to build a house on but never did). When we would go stay with them, there would be cows in the field in the morning right outside the back window. The kids could run around the fields and ride the four wheelers all around the house. But next time that we go back to visit they won't live there anymore. They have since moved into a new, bigger house. It will be much different. But I am reminded in the following pictures of the beauty of "the farm".



Brooke, Ashley and I

Isn't the background beautiful? Behind us is the view Ashley has from her front porch. The old barn is awesome and the rest of the house is surrounded by fields with cows roaming around. Now do you see why it is called "the farm"?

This is one of my favorites pictures. We never take pictures with everyone. The whole crew (minus Russ of course).






The original five. Eric, Brooke, me, Ashley and John.

The brothers I never had and my little sister Ash, and good ole Brookie of course.

I love Ashley because being around her is like spending time with Judy. She has her mother's wit and humor. She is also an amazing cook, just like Judy was. We were being silly here.


This is supposed to be try #2.


And of course I love this one of the boys. Dad and Marsh look so serious. And then there is Eli.
Somehow I currently don't have any pics of the kids to post. I will have to add some later. That is what is the most fun about going up there these days, is watching all of our kids interact and play. Just like we did when we were little. While the parents are having their own fun :)

No comments: